THERMAL SYSTEM LEAD
2040 Technology Circle Tempe, AZ 85284
Looking for a dynamic Thermal Systems Engineer to join our growing team. In this exciting role, you will be responsible for the thermal design and performance of a 5+Kw custom RF payload. You will own all aspects of the thermal design and accompanying analysis. You will ensure the design has the proper parts and interfaces so each module operates within its thermal reqs. You will work directly with a diverse staff including engineering, supply chain, manufacturing, and quality assurance to manage the product development.
- 10+ years of experience in Mechanical Systems Engineering
- Thermal analysis expertise
- Experience in creating and analyzing models in thermal analysis software (Ansys, Thermal Desktop, or similar)
- Expertise in thermal design of satellite systems
- Expert at heat transfer, understanding of heat pipes, radiators, and thermal interfaces within vacuum environments
- Ability to manage, allocate, and derive requirements
- Ability to create specifications and presentations regarding thermal performance of spacecraft systems
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Strong communication skills – both verbal and written and has the ability to work with others from multiple disciplines.
- Bachelor' s degree in Mechanical Engineering or a similar relevant engineering degree
- U.S. Citizenship Required.
- Up to 10% domestic travel
- MS Degree
- Ability to organize and lead a team of engineers