Technical Sales Specialist
Huntington Beach, CA 92649 US
A cutting-edge leader in providing First Responder communications systems to Fire Departments, military bases and 911 Dispatch centers throughout the country. Seeking a high-energy, customer-focused Technical Sales Specialist to join our Public Safety Team. The ideal candidate must be driven, detail oriented, and possess excellent verbal & written communication skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work as primary point of contact regarding sales of our First-In Fire Station Alerting, Dispatch Systems and additional public safety products to civilian and government agencies.
- Work with System Designers and Sales Team to establish customer approved systems for installation.
- Work with Marketing and Sales Teams to increase market share, generate sales and nurture customer relationships.
- Work with Project, Engineering, Contracts, Installation and Sales Teams to establish strong brand equity by giving customers VIP experience.
- Clear understanding and use of the sales process using CRM system for preparing BOMs, quote requests, managing the sales pipeline and overall sales support.
- Develop and maintain customer relations with thorough follow-up communication, employ best practices to escalate support inquiries and timely answers to requests.
- Prepare price quotes for systems and maintenance of systems for potential and existing customers.
- Assist with RFP projects for potential sales opportunities and growth.
- Prepare sales presentations as needed.
- Prepare a variety of status reports including daily activities, quote status, sales pipeline, and follow-ups.
- Assist in marketing objectives by proactively engaging with potential customers.
- Adhere to the company’s short and long-term goals.
- Perform other duties, tasks or projects as requested by management.
- Some travel, tradeshows and presentations required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field.
- Public Safety and communication systems knowledge a plus.
- Technically savvy and ability to learn technological products and software.
- IT experience and knowledge of 2-way radio a plus.
- Good Microsoft Office Suite skills, ie. Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Minimum of five years of sales experience is preferred.
General: Proven ability to handle multiple priorities, manage multiple tasks simultaneously, routinely exercise discretion in your decision, work independently, work in fast paced high volume environment, organize and manage time well and must be able to communicate with management and co-workers in a professional manner.
Communication: Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to present ideas in business- friendly and user-friendly language. Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex documents, including technical service agreements, drawings and specifications, contracts and client communication.
Salary: $80,000.00- $110,000.00/Year