Technician - Level II - 2nd Shift
Borg Warner 700 South 25th Bellwood, IL 60104
- Our client is looking for 3 Maintenance Technicians (Level II) with strong electrical troubleshooting skills for a client site in Bellwood, IL.
- Programming & editing experience is not necessary, but could be beneficial.
- These are 2nd shift positions.
- This is a long-term job opportunity; and under supervision, the Maintenance Technician (Level II) will perform mid- to expert-level mechanical, electrical, and systems troubleshooting, repair, and preventive maintenance on equipment in accordance with manufacturer' s manuals, diagrams, sketches, etc.
- Must have strong Electrical background for this opening.
- Performs mid to expert level break-fix & preventative maintenance.
- This includes but is not limited to: observing devises in operation to location root cause of problem; dismantling devices to gain access to and remove defective parts; examining parts to detect imperfections; adjustment of functional parts of devices and control instruments; repair and/or replacement of defective parts; testing of device to observe performance; and performing tests for electrical circuitry and mechanical systems; reconditioning and repairing machine tools.
- Identifies and sources parts, supplies and repair items as necessary.
- Independently performs maintenance as per industry standards.
- May be required to setup and operate multiple machining operations including but not limited to: lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts. May perform welding tasks.
- Complies with 5S and housekeeping standards.
- Drives and participates in CI activities - processes, results and cost savings.
- Updates records and reviews CMMS history.
- Troubleshoots and analyzes control systems to resolve software/ hardware and configuration problems.
- Utilizes predictive maintenance technologies to collect equipment performance data.
- Provides assistance to lower level technicians and leadership to small teams. Performs more advanced functions as a part of training and development.
- Completes on-the-job and technical self-study programs for career development.
- Follows all safety related policies, rules, regulations, technical instructions and guidelines.
- Situational awareness and identify unsafe behaviors and conditions.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands/fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb, ascend/descend or balance to heights that may require a ladder or lift; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl in confined spaces; and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds.
- The employee is regularly required to use close vision and color vision.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock.
- Work is typically performed in a factory environment and is usually very loud. In the factory environment, the employee may be exposed to hazardous materials and/or greasy or slippery factory floors.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, & Behaviors Required:
- High School Graduate or equivalent (GED).
- Associates degree with a Technical focus and 3 years of related experience in general industry; or 5 years of related experience in general industry.
- Understands electrical, mechanical, fluid power and control systems.
- Can analyze problems and perform repairs.
- Must be able to use basic hand tools and specialized tools as appropriate.
- May be required to travel.
- 2nd Shift (3: 00pm - 11: 30pm)
- Either Sun-Thurs or Tues-Sun