Telecom CAD Designer
2020 SW Fourth Avenue 3rd Floor Portland, OR 97201
- Gain familiarity with the client’ s expectations, scope, budget and schedule for assigned tasks
- Recognize and communicate scope and design changes promptly
- Collaborate design criteria with engineering team members to gather information required to design telecom system
- Coordinate with electrical team members for systems power requirements
- Plan and design backbone distribution, cable pathways, Audio-visual, and telecom space drawings and schematics for commercial and industrial buildings using CAD software.
- Conduct field reviews and surveys to verify accuracy of completed design
- Interpret architect drawings/specifications, blueprints and construction documents
- Apply all applicable codes including manufacturer instructions.
- Utilize BIM software to provide layouts, general arraignments, profile views, details, under close supervision
This position requires a minimum 2 years of relevant experience in telecommunication design / drafting, with 4 being more common.
Proficient in Revit and 2D AutoCAD Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, OneNote, and Access Familiarity of NFPA 70 (NEC), TIA/EIA standards, and other NFPA codes governing designs Familiarity with relevant codes and standards such as NEMA, ANSI. Familiarity with and application of company engineering design and BIM & CAD drafting standards Able to route and size raceways, perform fill calculations