Telecom CAD Designer
2020 SW Fourth Avenue 3rd Floor Portland, OR 97201
- Gain familiarity with the client’ s expectations, scope, budget and schedule for assigned tasks.
- Recognize and communicate scope and design changes promptly.
- Collaborate design criteria with engineering team members to gather information required to design telecom system.
- Coordinate with electrical team members for systems power requirements.
- Plan and design backbone distribution, cable pathways, Audio-visual, and telecom space drawings and schematics for commercial and industrial buildings using CAD software.
- Conduct field reviews and surveys to verify accuracy of completed design.
- Interpret architect drawings/specifications, blueprints and construction documents.
- Apply all applicable codes including manufacturer instructions.
- Utilize BIM software to provide layouts, general arraignments, profile views, details, under close supervision.
- Proficiency in Revit and 2D AutoCAD.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, OneNote, and Access.
- Familiarity of NFPA 70 (NEC), TIA/EIA standards, and other NFPA codes governing designs.
- Familiarity with relevant codes and standards such as NEMA, ANSI.
- Familiarity with and application of company engineering design and BIM & CAD drafting standards.
- Ability to route and size raceways, perform fill calculations.
- This position requires a minimum of two years of relevant experience in telecommunication design / drafting, with four being more common.