Telecom Field Engineer
11 Beacon St. Suite 400 Boston, MA 02108
Our client leads the creation of the construction and architecture of some of the world' s most prominent and famous buildings and structures across the world. This position will primarily be focused on physical network architecture, the candidate will be experienced in assessing user needs and developing secure, resilient, scale-able solutions that support the logical requirements of range clients including universities developers and so forth.
Working alongside peers from the MEP team, the candidate will have the opportunity to provide design engineering service to the wider project team typically generating reports and design packages for:
- Fixed Telecom distribution and access networks
- Campus area networks
- Fixed and wireless local area networks
- High level deployment of cellular mobile infrastructure & assets.
Design packages vary in terms of complexity. The Consultant should be used to generating concept, schematic, detailed design and construction documentation for internal & external systems including infrastructure design. Within each of the preceding categories the Consultant will be required to produce bid documentation & associated drawings.
Responsibilities and Duties Include:
- Work competently on an independent basis, as well as collaborating within the design team and leading the ICT project team.
- Develop Heat Maps.
- Developing IT, AV & Security Specs.
- Communicate directly with external stakeholders.
- Prepare and take responsibility for concept and preliminary engineering solutions for detail design.
- Prepare Technical Specifications.
- Continually ensuring that practices, policies, strategy and services represent the client’ s best interests and that the company' s policy is in keeping with current legislation, local Standards and Codes of Practice.
- To deliver cost effective planning of information communication technology network design and infrastructure within the Built Environment.
- Actively contribute towards delivering profitable projects in the context of project finances.
- Monitor financial performance of jobs, with the setting up and managing of job/project administrative systems, including planning and monitoring job resourcing/expenditure (adjusting these as necessary).
- Responsible for planning, organizing and managing personal workload in order to meet deadlines in line with owner commitments.
- Proactively raising concerns regarding workload and ability to meet deadlines.
- Maintain an overview of the project team’ s workload and commitments in order to successfully meet deadlines and balance resource utilization.
- Typically at least 5 years of relevant experience in an operational ICT/telecommunications role.
- Proven track record in a commercially focused business environment including expertise in project delivery and/or cost management.
- Experience of planning intra and inter building ICT infrastructure.
- Design and specification experience in optical fiber infrastructure, copper infrastructure, IP switching and routing, wireless networks, supervisory and control networks.
- Security & CCTV Design.
- Cisco CCDP highly desirable.
- Registered communications distributed engineer (RCDD) highly desirable.
- Bachelor' s degree in engineering or Master' s is highly desirable.