Test Engineer-Entry Level
700 N Centennial St Zeeland, MI 49464
The Test Engineer reports to Technical Leadership whose focus is performing routine functions which require the application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Works assigned tasks to meet schedule and may coordinate details with other departments.
- Recognizes problems that are beyond capabilities and is learning from the experts in the area.
- Performs routine functions that require application of standard techniques, procedures and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related engineering tasks.
- Designs, supports, and tests low complexity test systems and equipment.
- Ensures designs meet testability and reliability criteria.
- Learns the steps involved to incorporate process improvements.
- Produces proposals estimates or quotes for low complexity test deliverables.
- May provide repair and maintenance of test systems.
- May fabricate test systems as required.
- Basic design and implementation of low complex boards, circuits and systems.
- Read and create schematics.
Materials and Equipment Used:
- PC and related equipment.
- Basic Hydraulic systems
- Basic Electrical knowledge
- Mechanical aptitude
- Basic engineering knowledge; basic understanding of component function and testing. Learning manufacturing processes, drawings, and standards.
- Effective written/verbal communication skills, basic presentation skills; learning technical writing skills (procedures, reports, etc.).
- Basic problem solving & troubleshooting skills and analytical calculation skills.
- Knowledge of or is learning accuracy analyses, instrumentation calibration theory and tolerance stack-ups.
- Competent in the use of PCs and associated software.
- Effective time management.
- Teamwork abilities. Solid knowledge of physical systems and the physics thereof.
- Limited exposure to analytic, modeling, and/or design software/tools as appropriate.
- Basic knowledge of appropriate internal information management system (ie. ERP, MRP, PLC and Document Storage system, etc) applications.
Education or Formal Training:
- Bachelor' s degree in Technical/Science or International equivalent required.
- No professional experience required.
- Internship in related industry desired.