229 Klug Circle Corona, CA 92880
Applies detailed knowledge of specific SUSS semiconductor products to perform equipment calibration, customer site installation and field service and supports the writing of documentation for equipment test, assembly and operation.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports manufacturing in assembly of capital semiconductor equipment and testing of subsystems.
- Responsible for final calibration and setup of system and Final test and certification of system pre-shipment.
- Participates and may supervise the packing and crating process.
- Performs equipment installation at customer site which includes but is not limited to unloading and placement of equipment, advises on power, gas, etc. hookups, complete set-up, and training of customer personnel.
- Responsible for final calibration and setup of system and Final test and certification of system on-site working with end customer
- Provides phone support to assist customers in troubleshooting and repair, performing field repairs, modification and/or upgrades.
- Support R&D for the Development and Testing of Prototype subsystems and Machines where only general instructions are provided.
- Inspects assembled machines and aids in correcting discrepancies, and generates and maintains the master assembly and checkout documentation. Generates software bug reports and ECO’ s to correct design problems.
- May perform other duties as necessary.
- BS in Engineering sciences (EE, ME, OE, SW) with at least 5 years of experience testing and troubleshooting systems and equipment.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- A minimum of 5 years of wide-ranging experience testing and troubleshooting semi-custom, high end (>$1.5M), automated capital equipment.
- Use of sophisticated computer programs and diagnostic equipment to perform tests such as oscilloscopes, multi-meters, precision gauges, interferometers, etc.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering specifications, maintenance manuals and engineering sketches is required
- Good communication skills, ability to manage difficult customers effectively, high tolerance for ambiguity and ability to deal with stress.
- Broad knowledge of motor controllers, stepper motors, servo motors, servo tuning and automation/industrial controls
- Excellent problem solving abilities with complex capital equipment, to include: DMAIC, Pareto, KPIV/KPOV analysis, 6Ms, 5Ys, systematic troubleshooting, brainstorming, etc.
- Strong scientific and technical skills, including basic statistics, DOE, etc.
- Candidate should be self motivated, results oriented, sense of urgency, high follow through, ownership of assigned projects, lead by example as required.
- MS Office applications-Excel, PowerPoint and MS Project.
- Interacts well with co-workers, senior management and customers.
- Able to travel internationally without limitations; occasionally on short notice.