Test Engineering Manager
229 Klug Circle Corona, CA 92880
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops, documents, and disseminates engineering standard processes and procedures for Best-In-Class system test practices.
- Generates and owns a system test protocol and compliance matrix for each system.
- Devises tests for system performance checks, system improvement, and failure analysis, and generates data driven improvement, recommendations, or corrective actions.
- Generates master assembly and checkout documentation, generates software bug reports and ECO’ s to correct design problems.
- Coordinates with Factory Support Manager to support Field Service requirements with existing Test Engineering staff.
- Supports manufacturing, assembly and test, inspects equipment and aids in correcting any discrepancies.
- Acts as coach, mentor and leader for the Test Engineering staff, makes project assignments, follows up on assigned tasks and assures projects are completed on schedule.
- Provides resource allocation and task prioritization for the Test Engineering group.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Engineering sciences (EE, ME, OE, SW), Master’ s degree is a plus.
- Knowledge of Engineering disciplines like Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, etc.
Experience, Skills, and Knowledge:
- A minimum of 10 years of wide-ranging experience testing and troubleshooting in high end capital equipment, preferably from the Semiconductor industry.
- At least 5 years Management experience in Engineering, preferably capital equipment.
- Excellent problem solving abilities with complex capital equipment, to include: FMEA, Pareto, 6Ms, 5Ys, systematic troubleshooting, brainstorming, etc.
- Strong scientific and technical skills, including basic statistics, DOE, etc.
- Strong hands-on mentality, able to work with systems directly and execute tests.
- Exceptionally well organized with polished communication skills, ability to manage difficult stakeholders effectively, mature negotiation skills, innovative, high tolerance for ambiguity and ability to deal with stress.
- Candidate should be self motivated, results oriented, sense of urgency, high follow through, ownership of assigned projects, lead by example as required.
- MS Office applications-Excel, PowerPoint and MS Project.
- Comfortable dealing with a multidisciplinary team including Mechanical, Electrical, Optical and Software Engineers.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies.