Test Technician II, III
1940 Camino Vida Roble Carlsbad, CA 92008
- Responsible to assist test engineering group by testing, debugging, and reworking digital and analog circuits and test fixtures to component level.
- It is the primary responsibility of the Test Engineering Technician to ensure all test processes are set-up, operating and monitored as required by the requirements set forth by the Test Engineer. Responsible for initial trouble-shooting and analysis of problems encountered during product assembly and of products returned from the field due to defects. Help develop test process procedures. Perform routine to advance maintenance of test production equipment. Interface with Production Supervisors, Operators, and Assemblers to support challenges that come up in the normal production of electronics. Perform other duties as assigned. Familiarity of ICT and/or Flying Probe a plus.
Duties and Task Statements:
- Under general direction works in support of engineers to solve practical problems encountered in the development of electronic circuits and/or electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Troubleshoot test processes to determine root cause of defects and improve yields;
- Provides technical assistance to lower level technicians and/or assemblers.
- Ability to read and interpret safety rules, operating and procedure manuals, pick lists, Bills of Materials and other engineering documents
- Work with Test Engineer to identify and implement process improvements;
- Contributes to instruction guides and technical manuals for repairing, calibrating, and maintaining completed unit or system.
- Work within an ESD sensitive environment;
- Ability to read assembly drawings and/or work instructions
- Identify and execute solutions for improvements in productivity, costs, quality and safety.
- Aids in establishing testing methods for electronic devices, mechanisms and systems.
- Provide weekly Quality Control Process Charts meetings and paretos with action item plan and results to support Lean Manufacturing initiatives.
- Ensure all processes are set-up and operating as required by the requirements set forth by Company Policies and Engineering Groups.
- Assist in all new process set-ups and changes as required by the Test Engineer, Engineering Groups and Factory Supervisors.
- Understand all processes within the factory.
- Strive for Continuous Quality Improvement which includes:
- Reviewing defect reports.
- Facilitating the resolution of process discrepancies that produce defects or process indicators in customer products.
- Assisting Test Engineer in documenting and resolving external customer corrective action requests.
- Identifying design and manufacturing issues causing product defects.
- New Product Introductions, which includes:
- Gathering input on process and quality requirements.
- Coordinate the resolution of quality findings with factory personnel.
- Assure that all ECO’ s are implemented. Implementation may require revised work instructions, etc.
- Assist Test Engineer in the development of monthly quality summary reports.
- Maintain clean and safe work environment.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Formal Interaction with others:
- Be able to effectively interact with staff members, as well as all areas of the Company. Communicates with the all Engineering groups, but will also be guided by the Test Engineer to obtain direction, assistance and to address concerns.
- The work setting consists of a production environment with adequate lighting, suitable temperatures and a moderate noise level. The work schedule consists of a five-day 40-hour workweek with additional hours dependent upon department needs.
- A minimum of Associate Degree in Electronics, Electro-mechanics, Automated Systems, or equivalent work experience. Additionally, the employee must successfully complete all internal courses offered by the company necessary to do the job. Two to five years of experience working with RF, digital and/or analog circuit troubleshooting experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be attentive to details and be quality driven.
- Ability to read schematics and mechanical drawings.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
- Must be available for overtime
- Strong communication skills
- Reliable transportation
- Proficient with Windows operating system and Office for Windows.
- Employee must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently and in a team environment. Must possess excellent communication, organizational and troubleshooting skills. Employee must work safely at all times and maintain the confidentiality of all customer and company information.