1240 Deming Way Madison, WI 53717
The Test Technician is responsible for manufacturing and shipping activities that will allow the medical client to provide products that meet customer needs and in accordance with regulatory requirements. This position is offered for assembly and test operations in our electronics department. Key qualifications for this role include experience with oscilloscopes, DMM and other electronic test equipment.
Manufacturing & Operations
- Perform or assist in received materials, in-process product, and final product inspection/test.
- Participate in development and review of manufacturing procedures to help ensure manufacturing requirements and goals are achieved.
- Assist in development of manufacturing instructions, that document and control the manufacturing process.
- Assist the development of manufacturing tool and fixture requirements, and promote ongoing control.
- Assist the training of manufacturing area personnel, as required.
- Assist in deployment of product changes (CN’ s) to ensure correct implementation.
- Assist the development of facility requirements to accommodate production, including workflow, shelving, other storage, and workstations.
- Assist review of packaging and shipping requirements so the product can be transported to the customer without damage.
- Assist operation of the Material Rejection Area (MRA) to promote resolution of material issues, including the promotion of timely corrective action by the supplier(s).
- Provide feedback to Engineering personnel concerning manufacturing needs and product enhancements that would improve both quality and ease of manufacturing/servicing of the product.
- Interface and support regulatory affairs as required to help ensure production processes and facilities are in accordance with FDA, OSHA and other applicable regulations.
- Implementation and use of special facility controls that may be required, for example ESD, cleanliness, etc.
SAFETY AND QUALITY
- Ensure safety and quality considerations and requirements are pro-actively addressed and implemented in product production processes.
- Assist in the timely resolution of safety and quality issues raised by customers or staff.
- Supports Quality System and Safety and Health Program by following procedures and advising others.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move physical inventory weighting up to 50 pounds.
- The employee is frequently required to utilize mobile stairs & step tools, kneel, crouch, or crawl as required during the manufacturing, inspection, and testing of components and products.
- The employee must be able to spend long periods of time standing.
- Associates or Technical degree in Electronics, Computer Technology, or related discipline.
- Experience in interpretation and use of product design drawings and related documentation.
- Experience in the operation of heavily documented and controlled production processes.
- Experience in product testing and understanding of calibration control.
- Experience in ESD and cleanliness special control processes.
- Familiarity and experience with oscilloscopes, DMM and other electronic test equipment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, with all levels of employees, suppliers, and customers is preferred.
- Experience with personal computer systems, including word processing, spreadsheet reports, and E-mail.
- Experience with safety and health (OSHA), FDA and ISO 9001 quality system requirements.