28150 Industry Dr Valencia, CA 91355-4100
Will work in a hands-on environment in the engineering test lab supporting engineering development activities and qualification testing of company products.
With minimum supervision:
- Set up and perform a range of environmental tests including vibration and shock tests, thermal chamber tests and pneumatic cycling tests.
- Interpret testing requirements from customer specifications and develop test methodologies to meet those requirements.
- Identify and configure data acquisition equipment needed to support testing.
- Set up and operate test support equipment including power supplies, oscilloscopes, and timing control circuits.
- Document test activities and results using written log sheets, plotted data, and photographs.
- Generate test procedures and reports.
- Research and recommend specialty equipment for custom test set ups.
- Independent management of multiple simultaneous projects.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Environmental Testing with a strong hands-on background.
- Must have extensive knowledge of environmental testing per RTCA DO-160 and MIL-STD-810 with a focus on dynamics and climatic testing.
- Experience setting up and operating electronic test equipment and data acquisition systems (LabVIEW).
- Acoustics test and/or fluids flow test experience is a plus.
- Must be a self-starter and possess excellent verbal/written communication skills and be comfortable working in a team environment.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ' Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.