Tool & Die Maker
Eaton Corporation Cleveland, TN 37312
Our client is looking for an individual with Tool & Die experience, to work in a contract position for approximately 6 months.
This is a 2nd shift position (3: 00pm - 11: 00pm).
Responsibilities will include:
- Performing repairs and adjustments to complex die sets.
- Inspecting, measuring, troubleshooting, and repairing common failures associated with Tool and Die.
- Developing and writing concise technical documents, including repair findings and reports.
- Heat-treating tools or parts.
- Measuring, marking, and scribing metal stock for machining.
- Smoothing flat and contoured surfaces, using scrapers, abrasive stones, and power grinders.
- Fitting and assembling parts together and into assemblies and mechanisms, using hand tools.
- Verifying dimensions, alignments, and clearances, using measuring instruments, such as dial indicators, gauge blocks, thickness gauges, and micrometers.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 3-5 years of experience in a related field.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Previous experience disassembling and reassembling die sets.
- Knowledge of measurement processes and equipment capabilities used in order to perform repairs and adjustments to die sets.