Tool & Die Maker
550 W. Crowther Ave. Placentia, CA 92870
- Making precision tools like jigs, fixtures, dies, molds, machine tools, and cutting tools that are used to make parts in manufacturing.
- Working with stainless steel, carbon steel, aluminum, nickel alloys, non-ferrous metals.
- Working with 2D and 3D computer aided design and manufacturing software (CAD/CAM).
- Marking out the tool design on the ' stock' or casting following engineering drawings.
- Cutting and shaping tools using a combination of lathes, presses and cutting machines.
- Checking dimensions with precision measuring instruments like micrometers and gauges.
- Carrying out basic machine maintenance.