2731 Loker Ave West Carlsbad, CA 92010
We are currently looking for a Mold Maker to join the team!
- Ability to operate all tool room equipment (milling machine, surface grinder, lathe, EDM sinker) proficiently
- Must be able to work in a production environment, with frequently changing priorities
- The ability to solve practical problems from instructions written, oral or diagram
- Conduct repairs, modifications and improvements to molds as required.
- Through knowledge of mold hot runner systems
- Maintain records to capture all tooling repairs and maintenance activities.
- Design and Manufacture jigs and fixtures as determined by engineering, quality or production
- Design and manufacture effective electrodes for vertical EDM machine.
- Responsible for good housekeeping (5S practices) and keeping the department clean and well organized.
- Participate in the design, fabrication and commissioning of molds for new products
- Participate in creating a culture of cooperation, support and overall team success.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in tool room environment within injection molding/plastics experience preferred
- Medical device manufacturing experience preferred with knowledge of ISO 9001 & 13485 practices
- Must possess good communication and interpersonal skills to interact with peers and management
- Demonstrated ability to perform basic math computations
- Capable of reading and understanding Engineering drawings and GMP documentation
- Must be knowledgeable of CAM software packages to generate geometry and tool paths.
- Must be capable of lifting and handling 50-pound mold components.