Tool and Die Maker
308 Springhill Farm Road Fort Mill, SC 29715 | Direct Placement
Our client currently has multiple openings, and there is (1) openings available on each shift listed 3 shifts.
- 1st Shift: 7am-3pm
- 2nd Shift: 3pm-11pm
- 3rd Shift: 11pm-7am
Client will consider any tool makers with stamping experience.
Goal of Position:
- Preparation, breakdown and complex troubleshooting of tooling, complex tool optimization and new tool development.
- Learning and advancing skills under the mentorship of experienced tool technician.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assembles tool sets for production
- Inspects tooling for damage or wear after production
- Completes complex tool optimization projects
- Communicates with tool design on drawing changes for tooling
- Primary trainer for the tool manufacture B (and tool preparation A and B if needed)
- Completes new tool development (complete die build for new product launch)
- Maintain complete and accurate records on tooling as required
- Maintain a clean a safe work area
- Follows all Safety rules and practices
- Follows all Quality procedures
- Associates Degree in Machine Tool Technology (machine tool curriculum) or formal Apprenticeship with journeymen' s card.
- Proficient with a variety of machine tools, including lathes, mills, grinders, etc.
- Skilled in the use of blue prints.
- Proficient with the use of both metric and standard measurement systems.
- Proficient in the use of precision gauging.
- Preference will be given to candidates with 10+ years of experience or experience with both progressive and modular dies.
- Must come from a High Speed/High Production environment (Currently producing 11, 000 Bearings per day)
- Experience must be reflected on each candidate' s resume, showing detail about what machines candidate has worked on.
- Candidate must be accustomed to working with progressive and high speed dies.
- Must be able to produce Micron Level Tolerances (Presses are 45 Ton up to 450 Ton Presses).
- Must have experience with Tool Development.
- Client will offer some relo (Under 6K depending on current housing situation).
- Preference would be a background working with a Tier 1 Automotive supplier.
- Contractors on 2nd and 3rd shift receive a 12% shift differential.