1616 E. Millbrook Road Raleigh, NC 27609 | Direct Placement
Our customer has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Or customer seeks an energetic, highly motivated, detail-oriented, self-starter to join our Raleigh, North Carolina office as a Traffic Engineer.
- Under the direction of senior engineer/project manager, Traffic Engineer may perform the following:
- Conduct traffic analysis using HCS, Synchro, SIDRA, VISSIM, Transmodeler or other micro simulation model.
- Traffic forecasting.
- Safety analysis.
- Perform complex calculation, prepare reports and graphics.
- Support the team on other traffic engineering related roles.
This individual will be doing signal timing, capacity analysis, crash analysis, signal design and pedestrian & safety analysis. “ Synchro and micro simulation software experience."
- Experience with traffic impact studies and crash analysis.
- Knowledge of signal timing and traffic signal design.
- Ability to conduct intersection and corridor studies.
- Knowledge of local agency and national standards.
- Ability to work independently and in a flexible, team environment.
- Experience in evaluating traffic operations.
- Prior experience with traffic engineering, traffic operation analysis and traffic forecasting.
- Proficiency with Synchro, Microstation, CORSIM, SIDRA, VISSIM and/or TransCAD.
- Typical incumbent has 2 – 7+ years of experience within the field of traffic engineering.
- Excellent communication skills including verbal and written.
- E.I. or EIT is usually desired.
Education and Experience:
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering.
- This level may be achieved by Engineers with 2 years' experience since B.S. or 1 year since M.S.
- The typical incumbent has 3 to 5 years' experience since Bachelor' s degree.