Traveling Electrical Technician (Vehicle)
If placed with this address, make work location the same as home address on Candidate Record Multiple, Northern Mariana Islands 00000
Our client has multiple openings for Electrical Technicians who are available to travel throughout the US.
The ideal candidate will possess 2+ years of experience in either electrical, HVAC or other related fields. Experience with buses, trains, automobiles, military vehicles, heavy equipment or aircraft is highly preferred.
Responsibilities of the Electric Technician
- Work with advanced electric vehicle and hydrogen fuel cell technology; troubleshooting electronic, electrical (some mechanical) and high voltage issues, and resolving them.
- Install electrical systems and components in transit vehicles
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair electronic equipment and work with PLCs.
- Repair or replace parts, light fixtures, wiring, finder relays, motors, and other types of electrical equipment Identify and troubleshoot electrical problems with a variety of testing devices: ammeters, voltmeters, multimeters, cable testers, etc.
- Inspect electrical components, such as transformers and circuit breakers
Requirements of the Electric Vehicle Service Technician
- 2+ years of experience in either electrical, HVAC or other related field
- Experience with any of the following: buses, trains, automobiles, military vehicles, heavy equipment or aircraft
- Experience with electrical wiring, circuit testing, and PLCs - troubleshooting and general repair
- High voltage experience and hydrogen training or certification preferred
- General knowledge of transit bus/hybrid and/or electric drive systems ideal but not necessary
- Must be able to interpret and make decisions on what problems need to be fixed
- Must be able to read drawings and schematics and track work, etc.
- Great technical skills
- Solid customer service skills