UX / PRODUCT DESIGNER
100 Summer St. Boston, MA 02110
The UX / Product Designer is responsible for creating amazing product user experiences. Working with the UX & Product Design, Product Management and Marketing and engineering teams across a broad set of products and platforms. We’ re looking for a passionate and innovative Designer to create a consistent user experience for all company products, from enterprise grade applications to consumer facing apps. Working across the whole design and user experience process from envisioning future concepts to defining user flows to detailed interaction designs and prototypes, user testing and assisting development teams with final implementation.
- Collaborate with Sales & Marketing, Product Management and Engineering teams to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, interaction, user stories and flows and overall user experience.
- Collaborate with the UX & Design team members to execute across a number of design stages from requirements definition, wireframes, user flows and storyboards to defining detailed interaction and iterating high fidelity prototypes and final visual design production while ensuring the integrity of experiences, branding, and design is maintained throughout all projects.
- Ensure the design output - concept sketches, mock-ups, prototypes, layouts and user interface components - can be easily interpreted and implemented by experienced software development teams.
- Conceptualize and iterate original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design problems. Good understanding of the agile software lifecycle and ability to communicate and engage with frontend and backend engineering teams to iterate and achieve the best solutions.
- Analyze, define and document strategies for multiple external and internal facing mobile platforms and web, from responsive web-based apps to hybrid and fully native applications. Understand mobile platform device requirements and articulate the different contexts of use.
- Create deliverables including: Information Architecture (IA), user flows, wireframes, interaction design, rapid prototypes, high-fidelity visual designs, redlines, and assets for business and consumer facing web applications.
- Conduct, improve designs, support and balance team recommendations with research, analytics, usability testing, customer insights and other quantitative/qualitative insights as appropriate to advance ideas.
- Act as the user-advocate during the product development process, present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to the team and product stakeholders with an ability to see the big picture whilst maintaining careful attention to detail.
- Research interaction, design standards and technology trends. Evaluate competitor and other related products to ensure that our products are applications adhere to best of breed usability and user experience standards in the market.
- Establish and promote design guidelines for interaction, UX/UI and motion design patterns, best practices and standards for mobile and web-based applications.
- Can lead the following activities with minimal-to-no guidance: Heuristic Evaluations, Storyboarding, Flow Diagraming, Information Architecture, Interaction design and wireframing, high & low fidelity prototyping.
- Consistently produces top-level work needing minimal direction from leadership team.
- Manages their own schedule prioritizing projects and can scope and plan UX/UI design activities and outputs within product teams.
Must Have’ s:
- 5+ years of experience designing outstanding digital products
- A Bachelor' s Degree in Graphic Design, Visual Communication, Digital Media, Interaction Design, Industrial Design, Product Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Cognitive Science or related field – or commensurate work experience.
- Strong portfolio outlining ideation process, design thinking, interaction and visual design across a wide range of enterprise or consumer user experiences
- Great sense, passion and understanding of UX, Interaction and Visual Design and designing digital user experiences
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate with Design, Product, Marketing and agile Software Development teams.
- Good understanding of web, mobile web and native mobile technologies and agile software development processes
- Fluency with common design software - Adobe Creative Suite applications, Sketch, Invision and other prototyping tools, Office/Google Apps.
- Motion graphics, animation or illustration skills are a definite plus
- Experience working on consumer-facing Mobile and Desktop applications, both in native and web-based environments
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong working relationships.
- Ability and willingness to push and/or adhere to design constraints.
- Experienced in designing in an Agile software development environment
- Passion for technology innovation, and dedicated to keeping up with the latest industry trends
- Master’ s Degree in Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Cognitive science, Information Design, Industrial Design, Product Design or related field
Years of Experience: