Value Stream Manager
2400 Charles Street Wellsburg, WV 26070
Position will lead the day-to-day manufacturing operations of a particular sub-plant product line team in line with Budgets. Ensures Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost objectives and standards are met. Review orders and production schedules to determine work force adjustments to meet customer demand. Views the Value Stream from a holistic perspective, and actively participates in and directs modifications within the Value Stream to positively affect Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost through continuous improvement. Incumbent will have a long-term map for the future state of the Value Stream and will work to achieve that state through leadership.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Production Management - Direct production line supervision to ensure shift production goals are met.
- Communicate with Supervisors, Production Control, Quality, Purchasing, and Maintenance regarding all aspects of production to monitor quality, quantity, and cost is within specifications.
- Monitors and take appropriate timely improvement action to meet production quality and quantity needs.
- Employee Development - Approves operational training of new employees and continual training of existing employees on production changes, safety issues, products, etc.
- Administer and investigate accident, attendance, and process disciplines along with corrective action counseling.
- Scheduling - Responsible for staff scheduling to include: work assignments, employee training, employee vacations, overtime assignments, back-ups for absent employees, temporary employment, etc. Approval of production schedules and participate in Company-wide department meetings.
- Safety - Conduct safety audits, observations, and training to ensure a safe working environment.
- Adheres and enforces company policies and procedures regarding PPE, accident investigations, and ergonomics
- Reporting - Develops, analyzes, and presents reports, including but not limited to, forecasts, productivity, and safety.
- Conduct, lead, or implement the appropriate process audits; the audits will identify the need for the appropriate containment, corrective, and preventive actions, leading to minimizing or eliminating process deviations and non-conforming product root causes.
- Lead Kaizen events to correct and/or improve processes.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- B. S. in a Technical or Management field is required.
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt.
- Experience working in a team environment preferably with a small to medium size company.
- Ability to process work flow.
- Capable of data driven troubleshooting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Basic math skills.
- Metal fabrication experience is preferred.
- MAPICS experience preferred.
- 5 years of Supervisory experience in Lean Manufacturing environment.