Virtual Assembly Simulation Specialist
300 East Big Beaver Rd Suite 500 Troy, MI 48083
The Virtual Assembly Specialist will work as part of a team dedicated to create and review various styles of simulations to support plant process visualization, issue identification, and workstation optimization. These simulations are created and maintained through Siemens Process Simulate (PS) software integrated with Teamcenter.
This position will require good understanding of Automotive Assembly Process and strong Process Simulate and Teamcenter skills. Virtual Assembly Specialist would be responsible for following activities:
- Generate Static Human Posture Simulations to identify potential ergonomic/process issues for critical assemblies.
- Create One-Pager posture reports and review with the plant team.
- Perform Part Fly-In Simulation for each Station components/assemblies in Process Simulate for Trim, Chassis and Final Lines. Coordinate with MBOM Engineer and Industrial Engineer to make updates to match the simulation to the latest MBOM and Scroll.
- Perform Human Quick Walk simulations for critical/prioritized stations using Process Simulate to validate station cycle times, optimize the workstations to reduce operator walk and NVAA.
- Simulations will incorporate moving line (Vehicle Moving) with process times from Industrial Engineering to better predict operator walk distances.
- Perform Detailed Moving Line Simulations which requires assigning kinematics to process tools, and generating postures for each work element provided in man assignment to accurately simulate the station and visually present assembly process.
- Coordination with the BIM team to obtain and load the latest 3D layout for the station.
- Create resources, tools, equipment item in Teamcenter to be consumed in Process Simulate Simulations.
- Release and revise Simulation Process in Teamcenter.
- Identify and document major process, tooling, layout issues early in launch process.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or relevant field/work experience.
- Experience with Siemens Process Simulate Human and Teamcenter manufacturing.
- Strong communication skills to support interaction with both corporate and plant personnel.
- Understanding of the Automotive manufacturing/Assembly Process.
- Strong skills with Siemens Process Simulate (PS) and Teamcenter Manufacturing.
- Proficient in MS Office/Google suite applications; strong skills in Computer Aided Design CAD.
- Min 1 year of plant and/or launch experience.
- Min 1 year experience with Process Simulate and Teamcenter Manufacturing software.
- Creative problem solving ability and results oriented.
- Type: Contract 12 Months + Long Term.
- # of Positions: 10.