Warrendale, PA 15086 US
The primary objective of the Warehouse Associate is to assist in a variety of warehouse duties in order to keep the Warehouse efficient and operational.
Normal warehouse hours are 8-5.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist in ensuring that the warehouse remains clean and tidy
- Participate in the annual stock inventory
- Replenish stock as required
- Pack and unpack shipping containers and check off goods against paperwork
- Participate in general house cleaning activities
- Identify and communicate to the Manager any safety concerns
- Ensure that a safe working environment is always maintained and that the Company complies with appropriate safety regulations and policies
- Demonstrate visible commitment to HSEC excellent through personal example, which includes supporting HSEC initiatives and raising HSEC issues appropriately
- Identify damage, loss, or surplus of goods and materials stored in the warehouse
- Additional duties as assigned
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as assigned by their Supervisor/Manager.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience in a similar role and knowledge of warehouse picking processes
- Basic knowledge of the hose and fittings industry
- Previous Hydraulics experience preferred
- Forklift Operator Certification or willingness to obtain
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to complete tasks involving manual lifting and stacking of cartons and boxes
- Ability to work effectively both as part of a team and independently
- Ability to develop strong working relationships
- Follow Safety standards and comply with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Keep a clean and safe working environment and optimize space utilization
- Participate in the Total Continuous Improvement program
- Attend all employee Safety Meetings
- Use prescribed Personal Protective Equipment
- Observe restricted areas and all warning signs
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work environment varies depending on job function, site and activity.
- This role will generally be exposed to Warehouse working conditions. Warehouse area provides protection from outside weather/elements in most cases but is not climate controlled. Adequate lighting and ventilation exist in all areas of the facility.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Frequently required to stand, walk, kneel, crouch. Regularly required to stand throughout the day. Required to use hands to handle or feel. Frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. Required to hear, listen and communicate with others on Warehouse floor while machinery is operating.