808 East 113th St Chicago, Illinois 60628 | Direct Placement
- Promoting a safety first culture in the workplace.
- Ensuring all safety rules, and policies are being followed.
- Supervise the Shipping receiving personnel.
- All production Material handlers report directly to this position.
- Maintain a close interaction with Purchasing; Customer service and plant Scheduling.
- Management of Customer returns – Identification / control / and take a lead coordination on disposition.
- Co-ordination of incoming / outgoing shipments.
- Oversee daily distribution and logistics, shipping/receiving, and warehousing.
- Work with Corporate and outsourced logistics, ensuring the plant requirements are being met.
- Key attribute is ensuring we ship on time, which include effective freight cost management.
- Minimization of carrier costs, and maximization of truck cubing.
- Manage internal owned trucking and related elements.
- Develop / Maintain an effect inventory location management system this ties into strong visual management controls.
- Administer & supervise the cycle count program and annual physical inventory counts.
- Develop a continuous improvement culture, the focus on improving quality of service, and cost reduction.
- Adherence to financial budget controls.
- Adhere to purchasing policies and ensure compliance: document local procedures
- All other associated and related duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- 5 years’ progressively responsible supply chain experience, both in warehouse management and logistics processes, with two (2) years’ team leader/supervisory experience.
- Associates degree / relative supply chain certification.
- Demonstrated ability establishing and managing priorities and operate effectively to plant and corporate deadlines.
- Must be able approach issues with a can-do attitude with a sense of urgency.
- Experience with AS400 / in MS Suite of products, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint to the intermediate level.
- Strong background identifying new and better ways to meet /improve KPI goals.