540 W. Madison Street 16th Floor Chicago, IL 60661 | Contract
The Web Developer role is responsible for designing, coding and modifying websites, from layout to function as per specifications. Will create visually appealing sites that feature user-friendly design and clear navigation.
- Writing efficient code.
- Creating websites / a website using standard HTML/CSS practices.
- Working closely with web designers and programmers to produce the website.
- Constant communication with other colleagues in the business to develop and deploy their content – and ensuring there is a clear establishment of what can be created within what timeframe.
- Researching different software programs, maintaining software documentation.
- Implementing contingency plans in case the website goes down.
- Maintaining and expanding/enhancing the website once built.
- Thorough functional knowledge and coding experience.
- Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimization.
- Ability to multitask with strict time constraints, budgets and business goals.
- Strong communication skills.
- Server architecture knowledge.
- Experience working with Server-side frameworks such as python, ruby, php, Java, ASP, ASP.NET.
- Working knowledge of database systems such as SQL and Oracle.
- Experience working with SharePoint preferred.
- Bachelor’ s degree in a Computer Technology related field or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of experience in web development.
- Desire to stay current with emerging web technologies.