Caterpillar 3000 N. 27th St. Decatur, IL 62526
- Previous experience in welding, VT, UT, and MT.
- Experience must be within the last 6 years and Certification must be current.
- Should be familiar with American Society of Nondestructive Testing (ASNT) Recommended Practice SNT-TC-1A; International Standard ISO 9712; ANSI/ASNT CP-189; and the ASNT Central Certification Program (ACCP).
- Ability to read and understand engineering prints.
- Ability to read and understand engineering standards.
- Pass site evaluation using the facility calibration/validation method and practical exam.
- Possible checkpoints for an ultrasonic (UT) practical exam might include: screen range calibration, use of reference standard, scanning technique, acceptance/rejection per specified criteria, etc.
- Candidates for certification in a NDE method shall have sufficient education, training and experience to ensure qualification in that NDE method. Documentation of prior certification may be used as evidence of qualification for comparable levels of certification.
- Documented training and/or experience gained in positions and activities comparable to those of NDE Level I, II and III may be considered in satisfying the criteria for initial qualification.
- Written documentation of all NDE Level I, II, and III individuals shall at a minimum document the requirements of this manufacturing practice; date of certification; statements listing each individual' s education, training, and experience related to each NDE method; and statements indicating individual' s current status regarding annual vision examinations and certifications.
- Willingness to work off shift, weekends and/or AWS.
- Willingness to work 50 to 60 hours per week.
- Willingness to work on the shop floor (no A/C).
- All NDT inspectors are required to pass an eye exam to ensure that they have natural or corrected near-vision acuity prior to conducting inspections.
- The individual shall be capable of reading a Jaeger Number 2 or equivalent type and size letters, in at least one eye, at a distance of not less than 12 inches (30 cm), with or without corrective lenses.
- Equivalent eye examination results for Jaeger J-2 visual acuity are: Snellen 20/25; Times Roman N4.5 point text, where 1 point equals 1/72 inches or 0.3528 mm; or OrthoRater #8.
- Where differentiation of colors is critical to job performance, the capability to distinguish and differentiate contrast between the applicable colors shall be demonstrated.
- These examinations are to be administered by a medical staff member, or other designated medical support personnel.
- The NDE Coordinator may administer the tests, if official Jaeger and color perception charts are used properly.
- This examination shall be administered upon initial certification and annually thereafter, where allowed by local laws and contracts.
Level 1 Certification in UT
- Records of Current UT hours, training, and certification. Minimum 400 hours on Shear Wave using Angle-Beam transducers.
- Able to pass the Practical Exam for proof of knowledge.
- Records of Current MT hours, training, and certification. Minimum 130 hours on Dry Practical Mag.
- Able to pass the MT Practical Exam of proof of knowledge.