Welders (2nd Shift)
1572 Tilco Drive Frederick, MD 21704
# of Positions: 10
Shift: 2nd shift (2: 30PM-11: 00PM)
Overtime: Yes (before and after shift)
- Welds metal components together with MIG and TIG gas welding equipment to fabricate or repair products such as machine parts, plant equipment, and production equipment by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be able to read a tape measure to 1/16th inch.
- Must be able to follow verbal instructions.
- Must be able to use hand tools, air tools, grinders and saws.
- Must be able to identify types of metals (steel, aluminum etc…).
- Other duties as assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED).
- 1-5 years related experience or a combination of education and experience.
- Ability to follow written instructions.
- Ability to speak effectively with employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers & common fractions.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to walk and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 80 pounds. Specific vision ability required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles and extreme heat.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.