Wheels and Brakes Systems Engineer
4515 Taylor Circle Duluth, MN 55811 | Contract to Direct
The Wheels and Brakes Systems Engineer will design, coordinate, develop, and execute the requirements, architecture layout, development, integration, supplier selection and coordination, and validation for Wheels, tires and brakes, as well as other mechanical systems and their components, including but not limited to environmental control systems, powerplant systems, and interior equipment and furnishings.
- Support the development of project plans and activities, including the design, redesign, installation and certification of aircraft systems
- Develop and execute FAR Part 23 certification plans.
- Provide expertise on system architecture and integration, requirements development, system planning
- Generate and review engineering changes in compliance with appropriate FARs and business objectives of Cirrus Design
- Identify, select, and coordinate with system or component suppliers.
- Coordinate activities and communicate with a variety of audiences, from technical teammates to FAA stakeholders
- Provide systems engineering technical expertise during the design phase and testing of new or modified designs
- Perform peer review of the work of other engineers
- Author testing plans or other reports in support of engineering projects
- Generation of System Safety Assessments, Failure Hazard Analysis, and Certification and Test plans.
- BS, Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering
- 5 years or greater experience in aircraft systems analysis
- The ideal candidate would be a DER with approval delegation for Wheels, tire, and brakes
- Basic computer skills, including Word and Excel, computer aided design (Ideally Creo) ability and drawing reading skills, required.
- Familiar with Industry standards such including DO-160, MIL-HDBKs and SAE ARPs
- Good communication skills on technical issues.
- Must possess strong verbal and written English communication skills.
- Must have working knowledge of the applicable sections of Federal Aviation Regulation Part 23.
- Prior experience working with aviation, FAA, new design programs / projects.
- Aircraft mechanical system integration and systems detail design and certification experience.
- Systems functional and performance testing.
- Experience with aircraft operations and other aircraft systems is a plus.